As a fashion blogger, I enjoy discovering the magic that goes on behind the brand. That’s why I was so excited when I had the unique opportunity to interview renowned bridal designer Melissa Sweet. I wanted to talk to her about the latest direction in bridal design and the nonprofit foundation Vida Auténtica she recently founded.
After taking a sabbatical in 2010, she has returned with two new collections -- a bespoke collection Melissa Sweet Sacred and a collaboration with David’s Bridal, Melissa Sweet for David’s Bridal, which offers gorgeous gowns for brides on any budget.
Here are several stills from our interview, featuring her beautiful dresses for David’s Bridal.
Below are the questions Melissa answered in our interview. See her answers in the video!
- Living in Costa Rica must be an inspiration in itself! What other locales most inspire you and how do you incorporate them in your designs?
- What new trends will we be seeing at 2014 weddings?
- How could a bride incorporate Pantone’s Color of the Year, Radiant Orchid, into her own wedding?
- What is your best advice for a bride who wants to maintain a cohesive overall feel by coordinating her gown with her location, florals, linens, etc.?
- We also share your love of philanthropy and design, particularly adoring your ‘Sacred’ collection.
- What sparked your interest in forming Vida Autentica and how did it come to fruition?
- What style of wedding do you see the ‘Sacred’ line appearing in?
Thank you to Melissa Sweet for sharing her bridal expertise and we look forward to seeing her designs on our beautiful brides!
The Pinterest Princess
Posted on Thu, January 23, 2014
by Allyson Noriega filed under